Members Area

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Spaceteam Admiral's Club is a community of friends and fans of the game [Spaceteam]. Anyone can create an account but there are special rewards if you support my future projects by becoming a paying member!

Join the Admiral's Club- Henry (aka Captain Spaceteam)

Newbie question -- more than one team/game on the same network?

I emailed Henry asking this question, but realized y'all might know the answer:

Can there be more than one team/game playing simultaneously on the same network?
(say, if you have 8 people, can there be two 4-person games being played?)

This isn't covered in the FAQ connections section, so I thought I should just ask.

Thanks!

Kevin

Comments

• Yes! We've done this before when we run tournaments. You can use either Wifi or Bluetooth. It helps if you use Private Teams (found in the Experiments section) so you can keep people together.
    If there are a *lot* of people then sometimes the network interference makes it hard for people to connect, but this can sometimes be helped by physically moving teams further apart (then once they're connected they can move back).

P.S. You can also play with all 8 players in the *same* game if you turn on Massive Mode.
  • Thank you very much. We're using SpaceTeam in a problem-solving challenge with 20 high schoolers tomorrow and I was afraid our plan was based on an idea that wouldn't work at all.

I feel much better about it. Still slightly terrified at facing a room full of high school kids (I'm a research engineer, not a teacher), but now we know the plan might actually work.

(And we have some extra tablets and phones on hand in case any of the kids don't have the necessary smart phones).
  • It can definitely be frustrating getting everyone connected when you have a big group (at the first PAX tournament we had 68 people!). But with a little patience and persistence you should be able to get people playing smoothly after a few tries.